Middle Years Tutoring (Years 5 to 9) & Online Learning Support
Helping students achieve in all academic areas!
Photo by Darren Leitch
How Tutoring Helps Students
- Improves academic performance
- Can be individualised to student’s needs
- Improve study habits
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Helps critical thinking
- Encourages intellectual independence
- Improves social skills
- Helps manage learning difficulties
- Provides personalised, direct feedback
- Engenders a positive attitude and a desire to learn and study
- Demonstrates a need for time management skills
Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students.Solomon Ortiz
What are S.M.A.R.T Goals?
Whether in education, business or your personal life, having a goal gives you something to work towards. It pushes you forward and provides a constant reminder of what you want to achieve. It gives you something to focus on.
Goals provide the motivational energy to carry on even when motivation is low.
SMART goals have provided a clear and simple framework for defining and managing goals and objectives. The acronym works well; people find it useful-those qualities alone make it popular.
S.M.A.R.T Goal Steps
- S. Specific – Is the goal clearly written, with no ambivalence? Is it clear who needs to accomplish the goal, and any support they might expect?
- M:Measurable – Does the goal answer the questions of how many, how much, and/or how often?
- A: Achievable – Can you get the support needed to achieve the goal by the target date? Do you have all the resources needed to achieve the goal? Are the results expected realistic?
- R: Relevant – Does the goal make a difference in your learning? Is it going to make an improvement in your personal life? Is it going to significantly make a difference to your future?
- T: Time-Bound – Does the goal state a clear and specific date for completion?
“Smart goals tutoring offers a unique one on one schooling that is not often provided by schools today. John is also a good communicator and follows up with Ethan regularly.”Brad Benson, Parent
“John is one of the most passionate and enthusiastic educators I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He cares for every student that he teaches and is constantly going out of his way to engage them with new and exciting ways of learning.”Wade Thompson, ICT Teacher
Contact Me For Enquiries!